Children’s Parade Application
The Taos Fiesta Council, Inc. invites you to participate in our annual Taos Fiesta Children’s and Pet Parade. This year’s parade will be held on Saturday, July 21, 2018, beginning promptly at 11:00 AM from Enos Garcia Elementary School. Registration will take place at Enos Garcia Elementary School.
Our annual Fiesta celebrations, which date back to the early 1600’s, are in commemoration of Santiago and Santa Ana, who in the Catholic tradition are the patron saints of Taos. The theme for 2018 is: Uniting Cultures in Our Community: LA FIESTA DE TAOS; Culturas Unidas en Nuestra Comunidad: LA FIESTA DE TAOS. We appreciate the participation and support of fellow Taoseños and neighbors from surrounding communities in these efforts to instill in our youth the importance of both community and heritage.
We sincerely thank you for your consideration and look forward to your participation and patronage of the Fiestas de Taos; ¡Que Vivan Las Fiestas!
Cariñosamente, Taos Fiesta Council, Inc.
Schedule, Saturday, July 21
Line-up: 9:00 AM (Enos Garcia Elementary School)
Parade begins: 11:00 AM promptly.
Each entry will receive a Participation Ribbon.
Chair, Children's Parade
Please be advised you may electronically register for either Fiesta Parade until Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM, after which time the link will be inoperable.
Complimentary Registration - No Entry Fee
The following rules/criteria are required:
- Fiesta, Western or Traditional Southwestern attire must be worn.
- This years theme must be represented in/on the entry.
- Entry must be original and creative.
- Entry sponsor/organization must be clearly identified.
- A pet must be part on the entry for the PET category.
- Regular vehicles ARE NOT permitted. ATV size or smaller; driven by an adult is acceptable at the discretion of the Parade Chairperson.
- Participants must be under the age of 18.
- Large animals/livestock must be led by an adult.
- To be judged participants must be in the Enos Garcia Elementary no later than 9:30 AM.
- No objects or candy may be thrown. All items must be handed out.